Tuesday 20 January 2009

Reputation Update and Leveling Alts in Northrend

Hey peeps! So its nice to be just chilling out instead of worrying about if I can afford raiding mats etc.

I've been a bit burned out lately from all the raiding again, but as my gear is almost maxed out to the best it can be right now raiding should be relatively cheaper from here on.

Anyway I wanted to talk about my rep grind to 40 factions exalted today and some alt leveling stuff.

So I finally made it to exalted with the Thorium Brotherhood - which is number 36/40, leaving me with a real hard decision on where to go to next for rep.

I guess the cheapest way would be grind Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch Battlegrounds. I'm currently Honored with AB, and only friendly with WSG. I'm not sure how long/how many BG's I'd have to run in order to make exalted with both of these factions - I imagine it'd be quite some time. Months maybe? Can anyone tell me how long it took them to reach exalted with AB/WSG?

The next factions to look at from the old world are;

1 - Hydraxian Waterlords. I'm fairly confident I can solo most of the trash in Molten Core and will have a go at the weekend if that's possible. Not sure how much rep you get for mobs in there - at least 3.0.8 is hitting tomorrow so I'll get more rep from the mobs.

2 - Magram/Gelkis Clan Centaurs. After tomorrow getting one of these to exalted shouldn't take too much time and will be reasonable good money grinding too as the mobs drop lots of cloth. obviously I can only do 1 of these factions and not both.

3 - Steamwheedle Cartel - again this is kinda hard work but as its going to be virtually impossible for me to get the Bloodsail admiral title I might consider grinding rep for these guys once 3.0.8 hits.

I'm exalted with all Burning Crusade Rep Factions apart from Scryers, and there's no point switching to them as I will loose credit for the Aldor.

So that leaves me with Wrath factions;

1 - Explorers' League - At the moment there is only 1 repeatable quest to get to exalted and I think I read somewhere it would take 156 days to get there from Friendly.

2 - The Frostborn - As above.

3 - The Silver Covenant - No quests at all from these guys in game at the moment - I imagine they'll either be linked to Ulduar or Icecrown Citadel raid instances when 3.1 and 3.2 come out. Actually thinking about it, I imagine the Explorers' League and the Frostborn will be linked to Ulduar.

4 - Frenzyheart Tribe - as with the scryers/aldor you can only have exalted with 1 faction at any one time.

I think I'm going to try for the Hydraxian Waterlords first to see if its attainable solo then one of the centaur rep factions - preferably the Gelkis one as I have to do some quests for the Loremaster achievement in Kalimdor. Unless of course when I log in tomorrow I've already got it! I've been working hard on doing as many quests as possible on Firelight to get as close as possible to the 730 quests required. I think I was up to 680 odd completed.
What was odd though on the PTR was I was much closer to the 700 required in 3.0.8 than I was in Live. Curious...

So last night whilst watching episode 3 and 4 of the new 24 series I picked up my boomkin and started questing again. She dinged 72 just before I logged off for the night. I tell you what Shadow Meld is awesome when you suddenly get ganked by a lot of mobs!

What I'd been doing up till know was switching between my Mage and my druid - questing here and there - but I've decided to level Gwindle up first as she's got 2 very profitable professions on her: Enchanting/herbalism. Then if I make good time my Mage will be next.

Currently I have zero desire to level my warlock. I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't feel like it would be as entertaining leveling a 3rd caster toon. Maybe once I've played with my Death Knight some more. Although I probably will level my locks Alchemy - the price of Mana/health potions at the moment is ridiculous.