Wednesday 25 February 2009

Darkmoon Card: Greatness - 3.1 Incoming

OK so finally I've managed to pluck up the courage and try to get this card.

Its awesome.

I've wanted it since the day I first laid eyes on it!

So I dumped herbalism on my mage and took up Inscription as there was/is no way I was going to spend 15,000 gold on a trinket.

So I got Edam to 400 inscription skill and started creating the cards. Obviously there is a lot of hit and miss with crafting them. But you can almost guarantee without a doubt you can sell all of the cards that you craft that you don't want. And you do pray for Duplicates of Nobles cards as they go for 1-3k on my server each.

In crafting the whole set I spent about 7,000 gold on herbalism mats. Its kinda sucky how expensive stuff still is on this server with regards to herbs.

But I managed it - in a few hours - but as I said it cost me about half of the cost of buying the deck out-right from the AH.

Of course the only problem is I cant get my grubby little hands on the trinket for a week and a half when the Darkmoon Faire comes to Elwynn. Bah!

But I've finally managed to get it, so I can start saving up for other things now.

What am I saving for? Well firstly I've got more than enough gold to buy the dual spec when it comes in 3.1 so I guess its going to be mounts and pets!

Having seen the list on MMO-Champion of the new pets and mounts available in 3.1 I'm going to be having a nose around the PTR later this week to see how much these cost and to make a list of locations of where to buy em. I will be posting on that when I do find out if its obvious.

Speaking of 3.1 I've been looking around and reading everyone's take on the upcoming paladin changes. Somethings are good, some are meh, some are bad.

I guess the 0/10/61 build is out of the window now. So I want to see a working talent calculator to play with to see if its maybe worth picking up some holy or prot talents.

I'm not going to start second guessing myself till I see whats what in the PTR. Obviously all the changes made are standard and can be changed/removed at any time if blizzard see's fit.

One thing I expect to see nerfed is:

Glyph of Exorcism - Increases damage done by Exorcism by 20%. (Old: Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 2 sec.)

Exorcism as it stands crits for 2.5-3.5k at the moment. adding 20% to 3.5k = 4.2k crits with this.

Add that to a nice bunch of CS, DS, and Judgment crits? You're looking at 6 second rotation that could possibly do like easily 20-25k's damage or more (given 100% lucky crits)

Pop Avenging Wrath
- Judgement: 10k
- Consecrate: ticks for 600-700.
- Crusader Strike: 7k
- Divine Storm: 8k
- Exorcism: 4k

Obviously in PvP thats pretty much never going to happen? So I suppose we could be safe. But on boss fights that's just awesome. Just gotta work out how much mana we'd be burning all the time with that in the rotation. Add into that Hammer of Wrath? Wow...

At the moment I'm loving when bosses get to 20% with my AW glyph giving me HoW every 3 seconds - pew pew pew!! But damn do I run out of mana quick! (usually the time I pop a potion if required - depending on raid setup of course)

I also found these interesting - Guess they're PvP Glyphs?

Glyph of Divine Storm - Your Divine Storm now heals for an additional 15% of the damage it causes.

Glyph of Divine Plea - While Divine Plea is active, you take 3% reduced damage from all sources.

Glyph of Hand of Salvation - When you cast Hand of Salvation on yourself, it also reduces damage taken by 20%.

Its nice of Blizzard to clean up the Retri tree quite a bit - by allowing for a lot of things to be removed and merged into other talents. Am I happy I'm losing 2/3% crit? Not really but I'm sure I'll cope! Running with nearly 50% crit at times in raids can be a bit silly! NO NO! I LOVE IT!!!

What things are you guys looking forward to in 3.1?

2 Words: Aquatic Mounts!