Sunday 22 February 2009

Ask Firelight: Retribution Advice - Metin

Well 2 emails in a row! So here goes!

I received an email from Metin from Elune US asking the following:

I need some suggestions on how I may improve my dps with what I have so far.
My current gears can be viewed from wowarmory. Metin, Elune realm.
Last time in 25Naxx I did 3.8k dps. At that time I had Titansteel Destroyer
and Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal. Then I got an up with:

The Jawbone
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Mace
586 - 880 Damage Speed 3.60
(203.6 damage per second)
(2083 feral attack power)
+101 Strength
+108 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improves haste rating by 99 (3.02% @ L80).
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 59 (7.2 @ L80).

Of course my hit rating went down by 54 from swapping out Titansteel Destroyer.
So now I'm forced to dig out a pair of old boots:
Iron-Spring Jumpers
Binds when equipped Feet Plate
1580 Armor
+76 Strength
+85 Stamina
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improves hit rating by 73 (2.23% @ L80).
Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 37 (2.4% @ L80).

But I like Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal because it will give me more damage.
So I was thinking of using Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal when engaging
trash mobs in Naxx since they don't require that much hit. And then
switch back to Iron-Spring Jumpers for bosses.

My dps rotation is judge, CS, consec, DS, exceroism.
With multiple mob pulls, I use judge, consec, DS, CS.
I use seal of martyr.

Question: I noticed some pallies go for that valor armor set.
But that set will drop hit rating. So a lot of hit gems will be
used instead of strength gems. Will that bonus stat 1s judge cooldown
reduction make more dps than having the best of each individual gear
category with hit capped?
The key to getting your hit rating up is the non-set items - Boots/bracers/belts.

In the mean time - change the enchant on your boots to the Icewalker enchant, and start using Hit-Rating food so you're as close to the Hit-Cap as possible during boss fights. Those 2 things will give you 52 hit rating and get you up to 263 Hit Rating - only 2 points off the cap.

In the mean time you have to pray to the WoW gods that you get some/all of the following upgrades!!

Bracers of Unrelenting Attack - +46 Hit Rating.
Crude Discolored Battlegrips - +74 Hit Rating.
Girdle of the Ascended Phamtom - +51 Hit Rating.

These upgrades will allow you to drop your current legs for the Valorous legs and get the rest of the set so you can get your 4-piece bonus.

So keep your new Sudden Reprisal boots on and change the enchant on them, and use hit rating food.

Upgrades are the key here!

Good Luck!

PS - I'm very jealous of your trinket!! Grrrr!! Gief Greatness Trinket!!