Thursday 4 September 2008

Retribution Changes Ahoy!

This was posted today on the US forums:

We are about ready to do our next major pass on the Paladin trees.

Ret Pallies, it's your turn.

Please try and focus your feedback on talents. Which ones work and which ones don't? For talents you don't like, try and separate out whether the numbers are just off or if it's a mechanic you just don't need.

We're cool discussing holes in your class (e.g. mana issues or interrupts), but let's try and stay away from direct comparisons to other classes for purposes of this discussion. These threads tend to get long, so it would be helpful not to have a dozen pages debating whether Ret dps is currently too high or low compared to death knights.


So they're finally going to do something about the current state of affairs with the beta ret paladins.

I've been following the changes on Suicidal Zebra as he's the man in the know when it comes to the the beta as he has a beta-key (I'm so jealous!!) and I, like most retri's are very scared about mana regen.

Well this is blizzards chance to make a difference - they've already nerfed a really nice OP talent and I was really upset about that - as I imagine most ret's were.

This is my Level 76 Talent Tree that i've built.

As you can see I've got 4 points left and I refuse to waste them in "Art of War" as its clearly a PvP talent. So where do I spend the last 4 points? I'm thinking 2/2 in Pursuit of Justice and then 2 points in....heck i don't know..there's nothing left that jumps out at me and screams "ME!!!!!"

Maybe I'll just leave them off.

Anyway there are lots of posts up on the forums with good ideas - I'm just hoping that Blizzard takes them in and comes up with something interesting!