Wednesday 14 May 2008

Black Temple - Upgrades and 2.4.2 Patch...

Hey guys!

Another fun evening in Black Temple Last night. We had to go and kill Teron Gorefiend. This time I managed to kill all my constructs bar one, which was killed by one of the other guys.

It was still scary and i was so nervous! But I think i got it this time.

We got him down and then moved onto the Reliquary of Souls. This is an interesting fight. Well what we saw of it!

Getting to the boss is a lot like the room of depression in Black Wing Lair (or whatever its called - I've only seen it once and that was last week!) You have a gauntlet of ghosts to fight through that re-spawn every 15 seconds - there are 4 groups on your way to the boss room.

We only saw phase 1 of the fight and it was rather annoying. Basically the aura the boss has 3 things to be aware of:

1 - It reduces healing by 100% - this is all healing - everything: Pots, Healthstones, HoT's anything that is a direct heal. The only thing that does work is Last Stand for Warriors, and those Battlemaster trinkets that give you 1750 health.

2 - It reduces your defence by 500 - So you take all his damage!

3 - Reduces armour by 100% - So we're all standing there pretty much naked.

We didn't get him past phase 1 as we were too slow moving from into his room - and had deaths all over the place - it was messy - but it was our first time - we're quick learners it seems.

I just want the boots and 2h mace he drops.

I got a new belt last night:

Girdle of the Lightbearer
Waist Plate
+49 Strength
+33 Stamina
+21 Intellect
Equip: Improves Haste Rating by 32. (2.03% @ 70)

This is the first Retribution item I think I've seen since the Hammer of the Naaru!

The Legs i got the night before from bloodboil:

Leggings of Divine Retribution
Legs Plate
+51 Strength
+51 Stamina
Equip: Improves your critical strike rating by 35. (1.59% @ 70)
Equip: Your attacks ignore 350 of your opponent's armour.

Bracers I got from Winterchill last week:

Furious Shackles
Wrist Plate
+35 Strength
+28 Stamina
Yellow Socket - (I put a +10 Strength epic gem in here)
Socket Bonus: +3 Stamina.
Equip: Improves Critical strike rating by 19 (0.86% @ 70)

The shoulders I got from hyjall the other week as well:

Blood-stained Pauldrons
Shoulders Plate
+47 Strength
+34 Stamina
Equip: Improves hit rating by 23. (1.46% @ 70)
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 32. (1.45% @ 70)

Also these sweet gloves from Akama:

Grips of Silent Justice
Hands Plate
+40 Strength
+37 Stamina
Red Socket - +8 Strength
Red Socket - +8 Strength
Socket Bonus: +4 Stamina
Equip: Improves your hit rating by 15. (0.95% @ 70)
Equip: Your attacks ignore 175 of your opponents armour.

And this Neck from Hyjall trash:

Choker of Serrated Blades
Neck
+37 Stamina
Equip: Increases your attack power by 70.
Equip: Your attacks ignore 175 of your opponents armour.

So some quite nice upgrades lately!!

These few items have bought my ignore armour up to 700 and with executioner giving 840 that's a total of: 1540 ignore armour. Which is lovely!!

So onto 2.4.2 Retribution Patch changes...

Paladin:

Seal of the Crusader: This ability now increases the damage dealt by Crusader Strike by 40%.

Right I had a quick go at this, this morning once the patch had downloaded and I was pleased to see the server was up and running.

Basically i cannot see how this is a good thing...

It only gives you +40% CS damage when Seal of the Crusader is up. It does nothing if the mob is Judged with Crusader and you have Seal of Command up.

I will have to work this into my spell rotation some how...but this will just burn more of my mana on some fights.

So what I'm looking at is something like:

Seal of the Crusader.
Run in - Auto swing.
Crusader strike.
Judgement.
Seal of Command.
Judgement.
etc etc etc..

Now should I add a SotC in there somewhere while I'm changing seals?

Surely this means I'll have less up-time for Seal of Command to proc...and sometimes I'm getting 3-4k procs off of that beast.

I really really cant understand this "buff" it just seems pointless..

If Seal of Command had this buff instead then it would make more sense....